I'm on section 8 and its hard to find something and my landlord asked me to renew my lease and call me 2days ago and told me that I had nine days to move with my four children my lease is up 11-30

Mia944

Asked by Mia944 at 7:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2013 in General Parenting

• What's your question? If you didn't renew your lease, then you have to move out by the end of the current one.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2013

• But she asked me to renew 4days ago I said ok but the owner has mold and mildew problems the heat is broken and I just paid her and now I have to move
    Mia944

Comment by Mia944 (original poster) at 7:24 AM on Nov. 23, 2013

• Do you have to move b/c of the problems you mentioned? If so, AND you have a paid lease, they should find alternative living arrangements for you. At least until the issues are fixed.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:30 AM on Nov. 23, 2013

• You should call your caseworker or local HUD office for questions or concerns.
    mrsmom110

• Yes I have to move because the owner could not afford to fix these things I told her that I had no where to go with my children so I'm gonna ask her to give me my deposit back if she wants me to leave my housing worker said that they have to send her something in writing to let her know that they want me out
    Mia944

Comment by Mia944 (original poster) at 7:35 AM on Nov. 23, 2013

• They have to give you a 30 day notice

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 23, 2013

• i do not know the section 8 rules
    but can only assume the law states that they have to give you some kind of notice in writing
    call the section 8 housing agency and get to know what your rights are and someone in your corner on those rights

good luck
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2013

• Your landlord asked you to renew your lease, you did EVEN though there were problems with Mold and mildew.
    Then landlord changes their mind after you pay the money to continue to live there and then they say, move out!

There is more to this story!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2013

• Sounds like you have some work to do. There's are always solutions. This is your priority, get after it.
    lullaby572

Answer by lullaby572 at 2:11 PM on Nov. 24, 2013