A post to sum up how many of us feel at this time of year

The holidays are upon us, money is tight, minds are racing, hard to sleep thru the nite. Too much to do, chores to be done, if there is time, exhaustion gives way to fun. The traffic, the crowds, the bank account spent, the never-ending search for that perfect present. If this isn't a glimpse of your own personal hell, then your secret to surving this, you MUST tell! :)

I posted this in our CM group too- please tell about what you love/hate about the holidays...

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 23, 2013 in Holidays

• I love everything about my secular Christmas! I am one of those Buddy the Elf types for sure.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 12:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• Christmas is for kids.

Fortunately, Yule is not. Yule is about respect and honor, showing those who are important that you value their contributions, whether they are still here or not. It's celebrating your family and friends, your kindred, those are Innangard. A celebration of frith. Attaching commercial things to it is an option, not a requirement, and getting stressed out over that side of it is only something people bring upon themselves. That tree in your house is SUPPOSED to be about appreciation for the good things in your life, not about whose kids have the best bragging rights at school in January.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2013

• Fortunately I've moved passed all the frantics of Christmas!
    Louise, Christmas is NOT just for kids! Christmas Spirit is in the hearts of all of us who care for others, whether they be family, or those less than fortunate than ourselves.
    Open up your heart and donate a toy, or grab a tag off of a giving tree, donate food/blankets to the shelter.
    Those are what makes Christmas special to me.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2013

• I adore Christmas. I'm already having fun shopping and getting ready. I'm having to sit on my hands to wait til Thanksgiving to decorate though. Otherwise my family might strangle me with some garland and that would make for a bad Christmas.

It seems awfully sad to me to think Christmas is only for kids.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• I love Christmas. I love the family getting together and all the decorating. I don't stress I try to get things done early so I can relax and enjoy the fun of the holiday.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 12:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• louise2

If you believe Christmas is just for children, you could 'adopt' a few from a family that has little
    and give them some Christmas cheer with some toys and new warm clothes.

Just a thought.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2013

• I guess I'm weird, but I generally don't get stressed during the holidays. Not anymore. Sure, the extra traffic and increased amount of stupid is annoying, but I avoid all that as much as possible. Everything else is just silly fuss over nothing, and I just do simple celebrations to avoid all the stress.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:50 AM on Nov. 23, 2013

• Sorry! Nope! Still feel the same! Christmas is for kids!

I doubt anyone here really cares if you personally are doing anything for the holidays. People were simply pointing out your mistaken logic. Regardless of the holiday, suggesting they're "for kids" is an ignorant generalization that ignores 99% of what each individual holiday is about, including the secular celebration that shares the same name as the borrowed Christian holiday.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• I kinda enjoy the hype!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:13 AM on Nov. 23, 2013

• "Sorry! Nope! Still feel the same! Christmas is for kids!"

Like anyone gives a flying fuck what you think. And why did you just assume that holiday season means Christmas? Also, holiday celebrations and festivals are for all ages. Then again,your ignorance of winter celebrations and festivals is typical, so I really don't give a good goddamn what your opinion of this time of year is.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2013