i still use baby shampoo on my 2 yr girl old bad/good or doesnt matter????

im just not sure because i heardsome bad things but other people say it doesnt matter it works very well so thats why i have continued this long

dreaminmama

Asked by dreaminmama at 8:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i dont think it matters. i still use baby shampoo on my 2 year old little boy
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 8:49 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I am 31 and still use baby shampoo. I have nice hair ;)

p
    girlneffy

Answer by girlneffy at 8:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I agree, it doesn't matter. baby shampoo is actually really good for adults that have fine or thin hair. Plus it smells so nice!
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I don't think it matters one way or the other, as long as you are happy with what it is doing for her hair. I've switched to a kids shampoo/conditioner because the baby shampoo does not condition enough anymore, but I don't think there's anything wrong with using baby shampoo as long as you like. Actually, my friend still washes her four year old's hair with baby shampoo- he doens't need the conditioner since he has really short, fine hair.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 8:54 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Great thanks for all the answers
    dreaminmama

Answer by dreaminmama at 8:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• shampoo's shampoo. does the same thing.

all you may want to look for is if her hair starts becoming dryer and more brittle as her baby hair grows out, you may need some conditioner for it.
    Anonymous

• My 5 year old still uses it. I can't think of any reason why it couldn't still be used.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:59 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• If her hair is in good condition, you're doing just fine.
    tyheamma

Answer by tyheamma at 9:29 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I used baby shampoo until I was like 12 because I have really sensitive eyes. Even the baby shampoo burned. Heck, plain water burns my eyes.
    My kids stopped using it around the time the oldest was 4 because I bought some Suave Kids that smelled like Strawberries and everyone liked it. Now we have no less then 3 different scents on hand at any time (currently mango/orange, coconut and grape). I think my youngest never even used baby shampoo, lol. I just washed her head to foot with baby soap and then when she got hair she started using the Suave Kids. (it's no more tears, like the baby shampoo and she is almost 3 now)
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:19 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• It doesn't matter until you notice that it doesn't work anymore.
    When a child's hair starts being greasy, or overly dry, or smells no matter how many times you wash it, then it's time to switch to something stronger, yet safe.
    I love the smell of baby shampoo/wash and used it on my children as long as I possibly could. Now that my granddaughter is born I get to smell it all over again - it's heavenly!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:13 AM on Feb. 20, 2009