Christmas is coming around again. My question is do I give my married daugher the same amount of money I would spend on my kids still living at home?

Do I just give her and her husband a dual gift, two separate gifts, and do I spend the same amount on all the kids or more on the ones still living at home.

chestnut64

Asked by chestnut64 at 4:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• I always try to give ll my kids married or not more or less the same amount of $ either in cash or gifts....

Answer by older at 4:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• I'd give the married one more. There's 2 of them now

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• I try my best to make it as equal as possible.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 5:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• Kids who are married or adults. IMO. Do not get the same treatment for gifts as the kids who are still at home. They should understand your priorities are different.

Answer by louise2 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• I buy a little more for my kids still living at home. I figure I am still their main Santa while my grown boys have their wives to be Santa for them.... But I still get them nice stuff
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• I give my kids equal amounts same goes for the grandkids.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 7:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• Why would you give her any less? She is still your daughter, married or not.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 12:18 AM on Nov. 24, 2013

• With a blended family of 5 kids with an age gap of 14 years between youngest & oldest this was how it was handled in my family. The same $ amount was budgeted for each of the 5 children and their family members. If the budget was $200.00 per child/family a single child received gifts purchased from $200. If child was married with 3 kids $ 40 for each kid and $80 couples gift for parents.
    AuntieV

Answer by AuntieV at 11:34 PM on Dec. 11, 2013

• Would you want god (father) to bless someone else more
    Because your married mmmm I think not she's still your child too
    But I see what you mean cause my mom saids if you where here you
    Would get this too , and that's not fair first born
    Baby ..middle child there all yours!
    Jeenmone

Answer by Jeenmone at 5:51 AM on Sep. 10, 2014