How can I get someone to adopt my family for Xmas

I'm single mom of 2 boys 16 and 13 and a baby girl 11 months old have no idea what I'm going to do for Xmas please help

Dawnsi5

Asked by Dawnsi5 at 7:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2013 in Holidays

• Your boys are old enough to understand and your daughter is too young to even know about Christmas. Most places that are helping with Christmas, the deadlines have already passed. Call 211 from a land line phone to confirm. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• I agree it might be getting too late, but call or check out the websites of your local TV and radio stations and ask about their Christmas programs. Also see if your local newspaper has a Santa Fund or something similar. Go to your town hall, fire department, police department, local churches, and Chamber of Commerce to inquire about programs. Call your county offices or see their website. Plus Google "Christmas charities" and the name of your location and see what is available like Toys for Tots, etc. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• Most places had their dead line in October. Sorry but you may be out of luck because you chose to procrastinate. Maybe you can pout a few things on layaway at kmart. You can try 211 but I doubt you will find much this late in the season.

On a side note I will never understand how this even happens. It's not like you had no idea Christmas was coming. It's on the same day every year. Put aside a dollar or two every paycheck. Buy things on clearance when you see them. Know when deadlines are for help! It's not complicated.
    Anonymous

• goodwill is very inexpensive
    you could try a women's shelter?, even if not in abusive relationship, they may have numbers to call to look for help
    local churches?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 8:06 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• Local churches but I agree you have waited til the last minute, I hope you find something.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• Maybe good will or salvation army ?
    JennaBea

Answer by JennaBea at 8:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• Check churches too :)
    JennaBea

Answer by JennaBea at 8:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• Unfortunately, you've probably waited too long. You've received some good suggestions here though, so try some of those.

Also, for future reference, this category is for moms whose kids are special needs kids, like kids with Autism, Down Syndrome, learning disabilities, etc. It's not for personal requests for one's needs. You might get more responses if you put this in a different category.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 10:11 PM on Nov. 23, 2013

• Well I would try to make it just a small present, your boys are old enough to understand about money, and the young one won't even remember anything, so I would do my best to buy a small present for each kid, and then try to put $5 away each week for next year.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2013

• Call your local police department and ask about Blue Santa program.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:30 PM on Nov. 24, 2013