Picks her nose and eats it...HELP!

My 3 year old daughter picks her nose and eats what she finds...We tell her constantly to stop but she says she has to do it. Any advice.....?

BallardMomma

Asked by BallardMomma at 8:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in General Parenting

• lol sorry I had to laugh a little. My dd did that when she first realized that she could get her little finger in there. I just ignored her doing it and she stopped. Just try to not make a big deal out of it, she will lost interest.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:55 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• when you find out please let me know my daughter does it gross lol
    nakita72

Answer by nakita72 at 8:53 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• my three year old son does that all the time and in public too so if you have any good advice let me know k.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 9:02 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i guess im not alone....ugh... oh well i hope she stops soon. thanks
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 9:16 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Just keep offering her a tissue instead. Don't make a fuss over it - it's totally normal behavior. Everytime I catch my son at it, I just ask if he needs a tissue. Today, after we got home, he said that he wasn't going to eat his bogies anymore - he was going to use a tissue. Let's see how it pans out, but in the meantime, I'll just keep offering in case he forgets.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 9:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Reward chart man! Those work for everything! Every time she puts it in a tissue or whatever, she gets a star. Since she probably doesn't pick her nose all the time, maybe 5 stars and she gets to spend $2 at the dollar store, or whatever other reward you like to use.

Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:35 PM on Feb. 19, 2009