How do you deal with people who don't tell you what you want to hear?

A) consider what they've said and look at ways to make changes in your life

B) consider what they've said, reject it, and move on with life

C) send them profanity laden rants wishing for horrible things to happen to their children, attack their parenting skills, call them a bitch, then go ask why everyone is so mean to you

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 3:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2013 in About CafeMom

• Depending on whether or not I value their opinion, either A or B.
    I'm a grown up so, C is beneath me.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 3:08 PM on Nov. 24, 2013

• OHHH, I would take the "let's get them where it hurts" approach, I am going to cancel my account and come back tomorrow to make all of you SORRY!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2013

• It depends on whether what they said had any truth to it or not. If it does, then A. If it doesn't, then B.

There's no sense in losing one's cool and attacking someone (option C). It just shows an immaturity on your own part.

Now, I will admit that discussions can sometimes devolve, but I do attempt to say that I will no longer continue in said discussion if it gets to the point where I feel any further involvement on my part would somehow be damaging to my personal integrity or entail my anger getting the better of me.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 3:12 PM on Nov. 24, 2013

• Just depends.... C is preschooler level ..
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 3:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2013

• JK by the way, if I ask for your advice, it would be because I want it, if it is silly I would move on, profound, then I will look in something called a MIRROR.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:13 PM on Nov. 24, 2013

• did someone get a nasty email?

if i was the 24 yr old with four kids plus a step child a few years younger than me, that was pregnant, then miracle of miracles was never pregnant...then i would delete my posts, make another account (or use one of my other accounts) and post anon about how mean everyone was to that poor girl
    ------------------------

me? i would roll eyes if very bad advice and move on with my day. If it was good advice but different than my own viewpoint, I would most likely have that comment in the back of my mind while i tried to figure out my life issue. I guess a combo of A and C depending on advice given and situation
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:14 PM on Nov. 24, 2013

• Sometimes I get a little butthurt about how mean some of the comments are/were. But then, I go away, think about what's been said, and realize that, even though the words were a bit harsh to me, the meaning and sentiment were honest.

So, mostly A, but sometimes a little of B. NEVER C.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:19 PM on Nov. 24, 2013

• I just make an anon post whining about why people just can't be nice to a "different" OP... when the question I'm talking about was really me.

(Oh why can't we have a sarcasm font????)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 24, 2013

• I would not worry about what people say about anything, as long you know the truth about yourself or situation .
    rebelhelp

Answer by rebelhelp at 3:48 PM on Nov. 24, 2013

• Humor is always the answer.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:56 PM on Nov. 24, 2013