Favorite work of art (not "cartoon") by an Atheist

Just wondering if anyone had any art to share done by Atheists, as in a group on FB it is being claimed that Atheists don't contribute to art like religious followers do, which must indicate some sort of lack in Atheism (they call it a "negative philosophy," gag)

Do you have any to share?

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 3:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2013 in Religion & Beliefs

• Wiki has quite a list, including Matisse, Monet, Picasso, Van Gough, and Frank Lloyd Wright.

<= Monet

anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 7:46 PM on Nov. 24, 2013

• Just tell them that religious followers don't contribute enough to the sciences. It works both ways. I like artists by what their art is. I have no clue if the art work that I like was done by an atheists or not.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:43 PM on Nov. 24, 2013

• Lol what?? Geez thats pretty lame if thats what they are saying now about atheists. What a bunch of twat waffles.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:34 PM on Nov. 24, 2013

• Alot of the above listed artist painted religious art because they were commissioned to by the church or whatever king was in rule but they them selves were not religious. They were free thinkers. Maybe you can take some art history classes somewhere so you can learn about it.

pinkparcel

Answer by pinkparcel at 8:36 PM on Nov. 24, 2013

• Thanks, I'll have to mention that as well.

I was always into music, so I kind of don't know quite as much about visual art ;)
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 9:01 AM on Nov. 25, 2013

• Ugh, of course now they're saying that Atheism didn't inspire any of that art with it's "negative philosophy." They do not get that Atheism is not a philosophy/religion, that it is merely "without God." I've repeated that over and over again.
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 7:24 AM on Nov. 26, 2013