What albums/cds/artists are popular with preteen/teen boys these day?

I have no clue what is really "in" right now that is good but also lyric friendly- not too explicit... Any suggestions? The only one I really see is Imagine Dragons as a possibilty- any other ideas? He has no clue what he really likes yet.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:54 PM on Nov. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• It would really depend on the type of music they are into. There are so many genres it isn't easy to just say "this is what's popular with kids".
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:58 PM on Nov. 24, 2013

• They all listen to something different. Anything goes today. DS 13 listens to rap, classic rock and some pop music. Most of his friends do too. The rap is very explicit so beware. I don't let him listen to it but I know he does sometimes on his computer or phone. Rap is so obnoxious but unfortunately I can't shelter him from it all of the time. They access it on theirs or their friends electronic devices. They thought the classicrock was bad for us back in the 80s but it was nothing compared to the music of today.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 1:21 PM on Dec. 3, 2013