Ipad tech help please

good morning
having i pad issues

can not download/install new apps, and it is not updating the old ones
when i have tried to update, they just sit there, now those ones are all gray
i can not delete them either when i do the shaking thing (tech speak..lol)

i have tried to do the update on the software for IOS 7.0.4= this will not update either

the games/apps that do not need updates are working fine, although maybe crashing more than usual- not sure on this

any help?
tech support from ipad wants me to sign up and give them money
i would rather get free advice from you guys..lol

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 9:48 AM on Nov. 25, 2013 in Technology

• I know that in order to update mine, it has to be plugged in while you are doing it.
    Try shuttin the whole thing down, plug it in and run an update, be warned the last time I did this, it took over an hour.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:01 AM on Nov. 25, 2013

• Check your memory. If your space is almost used up it won't update.
    Try doing the shakes thing, click off then click on one icon that needs updated.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:50 AM on Nov. 25, 2013

• See I have ATT for my internet. And pay extra for tec help when I need it. So even though I have a I Pad. I can"t help you. I say pay a professional to help you.

Answer by louise2 at 9:52 AM on Nov. 25, 2013

• funloving
    the shakie thing will not work to take apps off
    the shakie thing will work inside a Habit game though

i will power it up to 100% and then try the software 7.0.4 update thing, maybe it will work this time? i have tried a few times, but not sure if i was powered up to 100 those times

it has memory left, and even if i want to delete some apps to obtain more memory i can not get some for those grayed out apps off

is there another way to get apps off besides the shakie trash thing? thought if i delete or uninstall some apps i could reinstall the ones daughter uses most, and free up some space

going to plug it in for full power, will check back when i have tried to update software update at 100% power
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Nov. 25, 2013

• Is there an x-mark by the app when it's shaking?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:56 AM on Nov. 25, 2013

• If the x-mark isn't there when the apps are shaking then look at this solution and see if this helps.

http://www.simplehelp.net/2008/07/12/how-to-delete-apps-from-your-ipod-touch-or-iphone/

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:59 AM on Nov. 25, 2013

• Also you must be on wifi when you update.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 11:06 AM on Nov. 25, 2013

• Are you on wifi?
    If not, go park yourself outside a McDonalds and get on it!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

QuinnMae
    Answer by QuinnMae

i do NOT have X
    and i do NOT have the restriction code

guess i am screwed on getting rid of the grayed out apps that will not update and will not wiggle to delete
    fiatpax

Comment by fiatpax (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2013