Difference between iPhones and androids???

I hear people saying they love their iphone, or they love their android phone.....and I'm left thinking....what's the difference??? (Obviously I don't own a smartphone.)

quietmomma

Asked by quietmomma at 9:57 AM on Nov. 25, 2013 in Technology

• To me, the best difference is being able to expand the memory on an Android by adding a micro memory card. You can't do that with an iPhone.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 25, 2013

• cool. didn't know that. thanks.
    quietmomma

Comment by quietmomma (original poster) at 10:06 AM on Nov. 25, 2013

• I love that my android isn't demanding that I synch it with my itunes all of the time like my DD's iphone does. My screen is bigger, too! :)
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:13 AM on Nov. 25, 2013

• They use two completely different operating systems like windows and mac on computers. As for the actual differences in the phones I don't know but I had an iphone when they first came out and then switched to android and much prefer my android.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 12:48 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• iphones are way more complicated to use. You have to go through all these loops and processes to do things with an iphone that you can do with a few taps of the screen on an android. There are a few more apps that are compatible with iphones/ipads but not many and not anything you can't more or less do with a similar app. Everyone I know who "LOVES" their iphone can never really give me a good reason why they're better than androids. I think it just makes them feel special because they can say they own an apple product.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 1:27 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• I love my iPhone. I think it's just being used to one. For example my kindle is an android based platform, and to me everything just seems ass backwards. If someone hands me another phone to add my number or something I look at it like it's brain surgery. I have no clue how to operate them!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:05 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• my husband has an iphone, I have an android. I like my phone because I can use a micro sd card to expand the memory, I take a lot of videos and pics so it's a great feature to have.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:53 AM on Nov. 26, 2013

• i dont think there is no difference.
    christina122952

Answer by christina122952 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 13, 2013

• iPhone has the best security by far of any smartphone. To me, that's the most important thing with a phone, no need to run antivirus or worry about what you are installing on it. I like the fact the design is also thinner to fit in pocket and even use with one hand. It is also easy to use. I used to own an android, it have a lot of customization but it can be simple too. Only thing is it update slow while iPhone updates quickly. Android google apps has less apps compare to iPhone app store. You have to research for the best android phone to make sure you don't have a crappy phone. Galaxy S4 seems to be popular now.
    SweetShay2

Answer by SweetShay2 at 1:18 AM on Dec. 30, 2013