Is "statute of limitations ran out" a good enough excuse to welcome this man back? Should there even be SoL on child rape?

You can read the full text of the lawsuit here: http://paulspassingthoughts.files.wordpress.com/2013/05/20130514115743611.pdf

If you are an abuse victim who cannot read about child rape or abuse, do NOT click that link to the lawsuit- it gives graphic descriptions of the acts committed by the pastors involved.  The first link, to the article about what's going on, is safe.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 12:15 PM on Nov. 25, 2013 in Religious Debate

• No, there should NOT be a SoL on rape. While the body, physically, may heal the mind, and emotional scars ar there forever. Like that poem says. It's the unseen things that hurt the deepest, and the most, and last the longest.

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• In cases like these, I really really hope that my belief system is 100% on track, and there is a special place in hell for these people... And, from my time as a counselor of sex offenders, I don't believe there is a SOL on child rape.... but there is one for people like these who are morally and ethically as responsible, but didn't actually rape anyone. They are just sick perverts who allowed it to happen.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• no there should be no sol on child rape. my high school principal was raped by a Priest when he was a boy. the whole thing had been kept quiet until another man went forward with the same problem. turns out it was 15 boys this "man of God" had scarred for life. when my principal went forward with the others there was a huge outpouring from the community to help him and the other victims. turns out the sol kept all but one of them from being able to get justice. and the 15th case wasnt strong enough so the priest walked. my principal committed suicide a week later...

in this case i pity the morons who welcomed this sick pos back...they are stupid and putting their children in harms way.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 3:08 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• I only read the first article. No I do not think the statute of limitations should run out as long as it is being actively pursued, legally.
    I do think it is appalling that his fellow evangelists basically say that no conviction no foul.

I agree with the sentiment to an extent but it sounds like they do not care if it is true because, they are making money.
    I have always felt that televangelists were just con-men who found another way to do what ever they darn well please and get paid for it.
    I was raised to believe that I am to be the Bible that others will see. That means that I have to do my very best to live the Word and not just speak it.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:10 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• I agree Nim when I was in school there was a baby Priest teaching us religion and he had some twisted ideas. One was that no matter what he did, because he was ordained he would not only go to heaven but sit at " the highest table". He and I battled over that more than once. Such a calling does not give you extra honor in and of its own, but greater knowledge gives you greater responsibility and the judgement will be more critically. It was my first serious discussion with the Arch Bishop. The young man decided to follow a different path.
    We are also taught that there are many callings and all are blessed by God. It is what you do with what you are given that matters.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:21 PM on Nov. 30, 2013