Complain or not complain? Free stuff in question!

For Christmas I bought a funny gift for all of my nieces and nephews. They are all getting the same item...

So as I was looking for the best deal on them I found them on a site for $10 each and free shipping. I bought 12...we have a BIG family! On the site they advertise that you will get a free gift if you spend over $50.

I also found them on amazon for a comparable price and we could have used our cash back bonus from our credit card right then, so it would have been easier.

I ended up buying them from the first place because I was swayed by the free gift. They arrived today and there was no free gift. sigh! My dh wants me to complain, but I am not sure it is worth it. Would you complain?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 12:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2013 in Shopping

• Absolutely, I would call and let them know that your order arrived, and you're pleased except, you hadn't received the free gift. Free gifts aren't really free...we pay for them!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 12:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• I would. That's false advertising right there.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:58 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• I would totally complain!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• First, I agree with the others. I hope the company comes through with something cool for you.

Second, those are hilarious. I hope your nieces and nephews love them.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 2:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• HAHA May!

The kids are between the ages of 5 and 17. I am pretty sure all of them will love it!
    SleepingBeautee

Comment by SleepingBeautee (original poster) at 2:45 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• ABSOLUTELY complain.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:37 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• I want a pair too! Lmao.
    staciandababy

• I would definitely complain.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 3:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• Yeah call and maybe not complain, but casually mention the ad on the site and that the free item advertised was not included.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:14 PM on Nov. 25, 2013