• In the Spotlight:

THE MOM-ZILLA STRIKES AGAIN!

What the hell is her problem?!

Tonight, we exchanged vehicles so I could run some errands and pick up my sisters without dragging the trailer that's attached to my dually all over town. I picked up my check, picked up my sisters, drove them the 10mi back to town to basketball practice at 530. I dropped the one off, picked up my mom from work, called my little brother and we went to eat, and mom took my other sister to practice, picked the younger one up and met my brother and I at the dually to get the little one home to bathe and bed.

40 mins roll by, little sister at practice calls, "Um... mom's not here."

Meanwhile, I've got the other one in the tub, trailer attached, and would take me 30mins to get there. I called my mom 22x and text her 9x. She didn't answer me. when she finally did call me back, she was in a rush, asked, "WHAT?!" when she answered. Lied to me, said she had been at sonic waiting...

cont:

matobe

Asked by matobe at 9:03 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Relationships

• on sister to finish... told her we had both been calling and texting her, why couldn't she answer? Said she had been playing on her phone... and i know better than that too because she never answered my calls, my sister's calls, or my texts!

how can i keep from blowing up on this woman?!

I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:05 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i KNOW she was with her boyfriend! i just KNOW it!~!!!

that's the ONLY time she doesn't answer!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:06 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• just know you can't depend on her, she is mom so we have to love them. The whole honor thy mother commandment doesn't allow us to snap like we want to. Just try to stay friendly dont ask her for any help she can't let you down then causing problems. Make other arrangements for your kids to carpool or anything but get left hanging grandma will wish one day she had been there for family cause men come and go.. family is 4 keeps. I would keep my cool be glad you are capable of taking care of your family without her and I probably would point out that you ar sorry you bothered her.
    1countrygal

Answer by 1countrygal at 9:36 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• it's not my family, it's hers! they're HER children i'm being responsible for!!!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 9:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Whoa....why do you have to be responsible for her kids? Am I understanding that correctly?
    Is there some court order or something?

As to her problem...she can't set proper priorities and provide for her kids?. I'm confused. lol
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• this is my mom... i've made several different posts with questions on how to deal with her...

these are her kids. she's dumping them on me to go see her boyfriend, then lying to me about it. lying to me and leaving her kids behind and conveniently "forgets" them...

i'm done! and i don't know what to do about it! this woman my mother has become is a brick wall!!!
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 10:52 PM on Feb. 19, 2009