Okay I have a daughter who is 4 she will not be 5 until June 2009 and she has what I would call a Body Odor coming from under the arms is this normal for her age if not what could it possibly be?

It smells like when you start to purspior when your younger and need to start wearing deodrant.

Children040506

Asked by Children040506 at 9:08 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Sure. Think about it, it is a fold of skin. Anytime someone sweats that area can develop a smell if not kept clean. I would use Dial soap on her, because this is an antibacterial soap. Maybe put some babypowder or you can even put a little deoderant under her arms. It's perfectly normal.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:13 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• my middle girl is almost 4 and she started having that same problem around the age 2,i use unscented sure its what her ped told me to do and it helps
    sauna26

Answer by sauna26 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• YES MY DAUGHTER USED DEODERANT EARLY OR PUT BABY POWDER UNDER THERE I THINK MOST KIDS ARE EARLY NOW A LOT OOF HORMONES IN THE MEAT AND DAIRY PRODUCTS ! TELL HER DOCTOR ON YOUR NEXT VISIT AND DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT MY DAUGHTER IS 9 AND I HAD TO GO BUY HER A BRA ALREADY IT'S CRAZY !!!
    Anonymous

• Please insist, absolutely insist your Dr. check her hormone levels. (preferably a woman, men don't care about that stuff as much) If I had mine checked when I was very young, it would have saved me a lot of problems that I face now. I am not an overly dramatic person, but your post got my attention. Please don't just brush it off. I hope it is just a real simple matter, but please get her hormones checked. Years of my hormones being whacked out have caused me many problems, but includes complete infertility.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My son started wearing deoderant at 4. The docs didn't think it was odd at all.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:44 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• My step daughter had this problem and it drove us insane! The teachers woud call us, the kids would tease her... Let me tell you the smell was insanely nasty. She would use soap, water, and deoderant in the morning and right after school + bath every thing with me watching her was her arm pits. Took her to doctors and everything. No matter how many times a day she washed herself she would stink a few hours later. Like smell her across the room bad. The only thing you can do is wash each morning and bath at night. It is normal as much as it is a hassle with younger kids.
    motherabc

Answer by motherabc at 10:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2009

• I talk to her doctor who is a man for her asthma I let him know he said to let her normal doctor know and that it wasnt normal for her to be doing that so I couldnt get her in till June for that
    Children040506

Answer by Children040506 at 3:52 PM on May. 9, 2009