Did it bother you when people made comments on the size of your baby bump?

It drives me mad! First pregnancy I was pretty big, and everyone made sure I knew about it, this time around I've been pretty small up until now (22 weeks) and again I'm having the 'wow your big!' And 'oh are you having twins?!' And it's very annoying, the last person to comment today was my mother who said 'wow your big all of a sudden!' To which I responded (in a joking way) 'why are you so shocked? I am growing another person here you know!' And she got offended. Oopsie.

kylie_bob

Asked by kylie_bob at 4:12 PM on Nov. 25, 2013 in Pregnancy

• When I was about 28 weeks along with my oldest, I ran into a friend who I hadn't seen since I found out I was pregnant. First thing out of her mouth was, 'Omg! You are HUGE!' Granted, I was pretty tiny before I got pregnant, but really???

I also had vericose veins really bad, and the second thing this friend said to me (because I was wearing shorts and she saw my legs) was, 'Omg, what happened to your legs, did somebody kick you?!' I promply told her to go fuck herself. You just don't say shit like that to a pregnant woman and expect to live to see another day.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 2:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• She got offended?
    No, it never bothered me when people commented, it did bother me when a lady asked when I was "due" after I had the baby! LOL
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• Yep. I finally told my husband that he had better tell his mom to stop saying how "huge" I was or I wouldn't go over to see her anymore. The best part is ... she weighed 300lbs at the time. I was sorely tempted to tell her..." At least I will lose it after my pregnancy is over." I was a good girl and refrained!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 4:23 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• Siza didnt bug me near as much as the random lady in Safeway who walked up, grabbed my tummy, and asked VERY LOUDLY, "Well who knocked you up??" I about decked her. It was my husband, not that it's any of your business...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• When I was pregnant with both my kids. People didn't even know I was really pregnant tell I was almost due. Not that I was so fat that the fat covered it up. I was skinny as a rail. doctors said I carried my kids inside more. By the time people realized I was pregnant. I was about to have them. Then they thought I was just 5 or 6 month pregnant.

Answer by louise2 at 4:42 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• I mostly get the twins thing and people laughing or talking about my waddle. It's annoying and makes me feel like a fat elephant :'(
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 5:47 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• I don't remember people doing that with my other two pregnancies. I can see it happening with this one though. I'm 13 weeks and already look like I'm 6 months.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• I guess it didn't bug me too much unless someone decided to poke the bump or touch it without asking. Then I wanted to smack the person. Who says touching a pregnant belly is any more okay than touching an un-pregnant one anyway?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:55 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• I carried in, especially my first....

*my husband's grandmother* ------> "you don't look like your pregnant, just fat!* LOL thanks grandma! haha
    CaliBlondeGirl

Answer by CaliBlondeGirl at 1:12 AM on Nov. 26, 2013

• "Anime, that 'friend' really should have thought before speaking! Very rude to say those things to anyone, let alone a pregnant woman! That's definitely asking for a slap!"

Yeah... she's an idiot. We've lost touch over the years, and it's no real loss to me. She was one of those people who just had no concept of what good manners are. She also had the sense god gave a rock. I mean really, who says stuff like that to a pregnant woman? I'd rather put my head into the mouth of a hungry lion than insult a pregnant lady whose raging hormones could turn on me at any second! Some people are just so silly.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2013