Early Miscarriage/Chemical Pregnancy adult content

I have two healthy children and just recently got my IUD out due to medical issues. DH is scheduled to get snipped next week and we have been using condoms and abstaining during what I thought was my fertile time (I chart with basal body temp).

That being said my period has come 2 days early and has been extremely heavy and clotty this time. It has been 2 days of clotting now. Nothing like anything I have ever experienced. I am having slight cramping like period cramps but nothing more. I have never had a miscarriage and did not take a pregnancy test as I was not late yet and did not really think I was pregnant any way.

Could this be a miscarriage? Should I be worried and go to the doctor or just wait it out and see what happens? I have had 4-5 clots that were much larger than a quarter (rule of thumb for calling the doctor or so I was told).

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Nov. 25, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Call the doctor, but I suspect the clotting is related to your IUD issues. Still, it is always better to have the doctor tell you that. The rule of thumb is correct larger than a quarter put in a call.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 4:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• I agree it is most likely because your IUD was removed.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:51 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• Well then by all means consult your doctor. You concluded my best guess to be improbable. It would have helped to mention it had been five months. The clots do warrant a call if nothing else.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• The IUD has been out for 5 months now and was the paragard non-hormonal one so I really doubt that is it. I did have a few weird periods right after but then had 3 months of normal and none were like this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:56 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• How old are you? I would say then call your doctor, it is early not late, so that leads me to believe you were not pregnant.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:02 PM on Nov. 25, 2013