I also was approved for food stamps with is only 15 dollars, been 2 months still no card, I have called them 4 times, always an excuse.

I should be getting at least 100.00 cause I only have less than 100.00 left after rent. I have other bills to pay.each month. Doctors to go too, for my heart. I can't go with no money.

lovely1948

Asked by lovely1948 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 25, 2013 in Food & Drink

• And!?

Answer by louise2 at 7:18 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• Maybe try contacting the agency Director.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:20 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• Also what? You can start a sentence with also unless you are referring to a previous statement.

Get another job if you want more money.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:24 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• Who would bother with 15.00 you could beg on the streets & get more. Get another job maybe?
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• This sounds fishy to me. When I applied I was approved and got my card there, on the spot, that day.

They would not approve you for $15/month.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:04 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• They would not approve you for $15/month.

We have some clients mostly elderly and they only get $16/month.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 8:07 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• I would go down there and talk in person! Here in DC, they have gotten a lot better with answering the phone and stuff. We have an Card center to just go pick up our cards. I thought it was like that everywhere, guess not. I pray things get better for you. I don't think no one desires to get Gov't assistance, I know I didn't but, sometimes you have to do what you have to do until you're about to get back on track.

And they will approve you for $15month, I know several people that are on hard times right now and needed assistance and were approved for that small amount!
    kyheavensmom

Answer by kyheavensmom at 8:29 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• Years back I was working and not making much. I had to pay for heat in my apartment. I applied for heating assistance and I did get it.
    All $63.00 for the whole Winter. It was a cold few months.
    Anonymous

• It goes by income, not how much you have left at the end of the month. Their view is if your home is too expensive, move somewhere cheaper.

Try a food bank.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:52 PM on Nov. 25, 2013