Would you ever be an Amazon wishlist girl?

For those who don't know, there are people who make up Amazon wishlists, like normal people use for their bridal registry or kid's Christmas list, but instead they keep it updated all year for strangers to buy them things. In exchange, they'll send you a personal "friendly" email or voice chat. Items range from a few dollars to a thousand dollars. A few examples:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/13BYUTQR69YHX/ref=cm_wl_sb_v?reveal=purchased&filter=all&sort=universal-price-desc&layout=standard&x=11&y=8

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/31UR9U13NZQTL/ref=cm_sw_su_w?sort=universal-price-desc&itemPerPage=25

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/4NYWQ0YUX10V/ref=cm_sw_su_w?sort=universal-price-desc&itemPerPage=25

(edited to fix first link)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 7:19 PM on Nov. 25, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Seriously? No. I'd much rather keep my privacy and dignity intact, and buy my own things thank you very much..

That's pathetic on so many levels...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 7:32 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• Um, no. I make a wishlist, but it's for me to remember things I want to get, or for my family or actual friends to look at to know what to get me, if they're buying me something. I do not have any desire for a stranger to buy me anything.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 7:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• I have a wish list but I don't think it's public. (?) Its mainly for my hubby when my Birth-mas rolls around. It has books on it and maybe cookware or something. Hell, if I new I could get randoms to buy me shit I'd be down with that.
    That first girl is obviously showing her tittays for Amazon gift cards.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:34 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• That first girl is obviously showing her tittays for Amazon gift cards.

The first one has actually become a celebrity by doing it. Originally, she was getting them out in the newspaper (because that's how UK papers roll -they have half naked girls on page 3 to sell more papers), then she made the wishlist, then she got on a tv show about girls who are "friendly" to guys for swell gifts and prizes, and that got her booked on other shows.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 7:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• Oh thanks guys! I just typed Amazon in my browser and the first thing that comes up is a double fisted dildo.

I'm telling you, if I die and my search history becomes public, people will wonder what kind of drugs I was on. SMH
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:36 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• I have a wishlist, but like wendythewriter it's so *I* can remember what I want. I don't like the idea of trading my privacy/dignity for things.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 25, 2013

• Um... no. 1) I'm too stubborn/proud to ask people for things, and 2) I'm a very private, paranoid person when it comes to the internet. I wouldn't be a very good wishlist girl.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 1:02 AM on Nov. 26, 2013