When is it okay to soak in the bathtub after having a kid?

I just had my second kiddo almost three weeks ago and I am just dying to soak in a warm bath, but I'm not sure if it's okay yet or not. My papers said to wait four weeks, but I barely tore and only had one stitch and I feel fine, so do you think it would be okay? My back is just killing me and showers aren't helping to ease the ache.

GreyWarden

Asked by GreyWarden at 2:53 AM on Nov. 26, 2013 in Health

• Do what your doctor advised.

Answer by louise2 at 7:33 AM on Nov. 26, 2013

• You should be fine. I took a bath a week after but no stitches, no tears.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 7:35 AM on Nov. 26, 2013

• The papers say FOUR weeks for a reason. Follow doctor's orders. Use a heating pad on your back.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:13 AM on Nov. 26, 2013

• There is a slight chance you could get an infection. Even the cleanest tub isn't sanitary and your body just naturally adds more germs to the water. Congratulations on your new little one!! But I'd wait another week. You are almost there!!
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 11:30 AM on Nov. 26, 2013