Dont get it?

My son is just 6 months and he will not let me feed him even during the night(he still wakes up5-6 times a night!). He will not let me pick him up to feed him if i try he just screams and pushes the bottle away but if i lay him down and hold the bottle but not him he is fine:( Im not a bad mother so please no bashing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:18 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• no your not a bad mother let him eat that way then but i would talk to your doctor about that just to make sure
    Anonymous

• Youre not a bad mom at all...maybe something is bothering him. Try walking while holding him and feeding him. Maybe something is making him uncomfortable.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 9:21 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Maybe he is just showing a preference. You know, some people eat standing up....I dont' get that! LOL
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 9:33 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• It is possible that being held at night is too much stimulation for him. It may be easier for him to get back to sleep if he remains laying down in the crib. You are not a bad mother, he just wants to eat without waking up too much so he can go right back to sleep. I would just monitor his behavior over the next several months (up to a year). If you notice a pattern starting to evolve, then mention your concerns to the ped. Babies go through many phases and he may just not be in a cuddle mood this month...lol. Best of luck.
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:41 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• my son was like that...he'll grow out of it and soon enough be back in your arms!
    sara3308

Answer by sara3308 at 10:50 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I wouldnt worry about it.You can bring it up to the dr. but I dont see the problem, at least he wont be so dependant on you as time goes on!
    Anonymous

• My 6 month old son in the same way. We have to prop his bottle up while he's laying in the crib. I just keep a close eye on him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:31 AM on Feb. 20, 2009