Is it normal to feel angry for scilly things in pregnancy

I am usually ans clam and sensitive person.I feel so pathetic for being angry at my husbad . I became furious when he said something and he thought he was kidding. I just could'not resist my anger and it just got worse when he tried to walk away from the situation. I threw objects in my hand onto the wall and wardrobe. Luckily nothing happened. But I feel so embarassed for this behaviour and it just makes me feel bad about myself. I feel as though I am not a nice person.

sujju8

Asked by sujju8 at 7:59 AM on Nov. 26, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Yes. Raging hormone changes make one very moody. However you still need to control your moods so you don't end up breaking things or injuring someone. YOU need to be the one to walk away before things escalate.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:02 AM on Nov. 26, 2013

• yes it is, those hormones will do it for ya...

Answer by older at 8:05 AM on Nov. 26, 2013

• I once contemplated giving DH a beat down because he was typing too loud. It happens.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:58 AM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Yes, it's normal to "feel" more reactions to things. I would focus on getting more comfortable SAYING how angry or annoyed you are, as you're feeling it. You don't have to act like the feelings "make sense" but just express the fact that you're having them. Trying "not" to feel something because it seems unreasonable is a quick way to escalate the feelings of intolerance or annoyance to fury.

If you have the presence of mind to acknowledge the feelings AND the thoughts/beliefs without necessarily trusting them as true, then you can articulate how angry or disgusted you feel (about what he just said/did) and have it be less accusation & more sharing your reaction AS reaction, how what just happened was "inexplicably infuriating." This is possible even when you are viscerally convinced that he IS an idiot or a jerk! You just narrate the experience of feeling furious & convinced he's a jerk, so offended, etc.
    girlwithC

Answer by girlwithC at 9:09 AM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Yes, the hormones make us crazy when we're pregnant! I Got furious once at my husband for loading the dishwasher wrong. In my hormonal state I couldn't be thankful that he even did the dishes, I could only focus on how horribly wrong it was loaded.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 9:35 AM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Yep, your hormones are all over the place. It's normal to get angry easier and it's normal to cry for absolutely no reason. You probably won't feel "normal" until well after the baby comes.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Yesss horomones are crazy when your pregnant. I am the same way
    Viharris

Answer by Viharris at 6:06 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Now you're part of the group! We've all been there and husbands are the FIRST to set off our anger!!!!
    AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 8:41 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

• Oh, yeah... I had terrible p.p. after my first and threw the clock off the wall when DH gave the baby his FIRST BATH...I was furious!!!

AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 8:44 PM on Dec. 3, 2013

• Yes
    escuchar

Answer by escuchar at 12:45 PM on Mar. 16, 2014