Stomach Problems

I asked a stomach-related question awhile ago, and some of you gave me some pretty good insight, so I figured I'd post again.

First off, I'm calling my doctor's office for an appointment today - I'm definitely not just relying on you ladies, but you're all pretty wise so I figured I'd see what you think!

I'm not sure who remembers, but awhile back I posted about some stomach problems I was having. I was feeling nauseous and having to go to the bathroom after almost everything I ate. I've never had a very good digestive system, but it was usually just processed crap, and burgers and things like that (from restaurants) that would give me stomach aches. But a couple months ago, everything I ate started to make my stomach hurt. You ladies suggested IBS, and a few other things - my doctor deduced that it was maybe just a bug or something, and put me on something with magnesium in it. It was really helping and I got to the point where I could eat pretty much anything. I finished the prescription about 10 days ago, and I was feeling pretty good!

But then Wednesday afternoon I started to feel sick again. I figured it was probably just something I ate (I'm a sucker for processed food I really shouldn't eat) but I went home sick from work anyway. I ended up waking up nauseous and with terrible stomach pain on Thursday and Friday, so I stayed home those days too. I don't like staying home from work... I know there will be a lot of catch-up when I miss one day, let alone two and a half, but I just felt like garbage.

I came back to work yesterday and today, but I'm not really feeling better. Let's see...

- I'm feeling nauseous, especially in the mornings
- It seems worse when I don't get a good sleep, but I feel crappy regardless
- EVERYTHING I eat makes my stomach hurt
- I feel gassy and bloated, and I have to use the bathroom more than usual
- Despite not eating much on Thursday/Friday while I was home sick, I managed to gain weight rather than lose it
- Taking the bus to/from work is basically like torture, since I get nauseous on the bus as it is, and now it's just a million times worse
- I can't stop burping! I'm guessing that's from the gassiness, but it's really gross!

I think that's pretty much it.

Also, I know I'm not pregnant, so that can pretty much be cancelled out as a possiblity. I haven't had sex since May, so if I was pregnant, I would be showing by this point and I would have more symptoms. I'm bloated and a lot bigger around the middle than I'm used to, but pregnancy just wouldn't make sense.

Seriously, if anyone has any insight for what might be going on, I'd really appreciate it!

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 26, 2013 in Health

• Hopefully you get some answers. I still wouldn't rule out IBS or similar conditions.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:21 AM on Nov. 26, 2013

• I think they need to schedule a gastric endoscopy for you. it sounds like an ulcer and/or GERD

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:49 AM on Nov. 26, 2013

• I managed to get a doctor's appt for this morning - not with MY doctor, but another one. I'm fine with that, I just need to see someone!
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Nov. 26, 2013

• I'm not sure but I'm glad the doctors are going to see you today. Good luck.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:45 AM on Nov. 26, 2013

• I have no idea, but hopefully you get some ansers from the docs today. Feel better soon, tummy troubles are the worst, my friend! Been there, done that. I've found Smooth Dissolve Tums are the best, forget all the other crap on the market.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:50 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• They put me back on the magnesium prescription. But, they said if it doesn't improve once that's done (3 months) then to go back because it might be gall stones.
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Nov. 26, 2013