Why are adults acting this way? Grrr...

Two mutual friends of mine are going through a very sloppy break-up.. both want me to choose sides, get involved, tell the other one off.. it's ridiculous.

I'm ignoring texts, calls, and hopefully wont bump into them anywhere. I'm sick of the high school drama. They're almost 40.

I've told them both to please keep me out of it, but that doesn't seem to work. I guess just ignoring will have to do, unless anyone has any kind of advice? We live in such a tiny community, it's hard to completely avoid it.

anestheticsex

Asked by anestheticsex at 1:45 PM on Nov. 26, 2013 in Relationships

• Weird. I had the opposite problem when my husband and I got divorced. All the grown adults seemed to want to choose sides and make a battle out of it, and we didn't want them to. It's too bad grown-ups have to act like children in most cases, one way or another. I'm sorry you're going through this.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:39 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• UGH. I'm going thru the same thing. I try to remain friends with both sides, but if it keeps up I will ditch the drama queen!!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:44 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Ugh, it's a confusing time for everyone involved. I think they do it because they are afraid of losing their friends to the other spouse. My friend actually told me she could no longer be my friend once I got divorced because she did not trust her husband around single women. So, it was couples or nothing for her. I'd just offer to be friends with both parties, but refuse to talk smack about the other one.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:45 PM on Nov. 26, 2013