controversial political cartoon

have you seen it? i do understand what its saying but i definitely see how it could be taken out of context! i think the caption should have been worded differently.
this is what its supposed to mean:

"The cartoon is a clear parody of a current news event, to wit the shooting of a violent chimpanzee in Connecticut. It broadly mocks Washington's efforts to revive the economy. "

what are your thoughts on it?

aliciatron

Asked by aliciatron at 9:24 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Okay IMO I guess I find some sort of it funny  being that that's pretty much how I feel about the whole stimulus bill, I honestly don't think of it as being racist even though it may be, and even though I do think its sorta funny I don't think its very nice of them to make light of a tragic situation with the chimp and that lady, I guess it depends on who interprets it and how they do for instance I think of it as them saying that the stimulus bill was such a joke that its like a bunch of monkeys wrote it KWIM

hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 1:26 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• Do you have a link? I haven't seen it.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:31 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Everyone thinks it refers to Obama. HE DIDN'T WRITE THE FREAKING LEGISLATION!!!!!

It's making more fun of David Obey, the chief architect of the travesty, and Pelosi and everyone else in Congress that had a hand in it.

But it is an opportunity for Sharpton and his ilk to race-bait. They never let the facts get in the way of their outrage.
    MojitoMama

Answer by MojitoMama at 9:32 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Have you seen how many political cartoons showed Bush as a Big eared monkey? That is what political cartoons do. People are SEARCHING for ways to silence anyone who has an inkling of criticism for Obama, his policies, his cronie politicians. Have you noticed that SNL STILL hasn't done an Obama skit?  Unless they did one last weekend (I missed it) ...Political Cartoons made of Politicians BEFORE Obama, and they will make fund of Politicians AFTER Obama.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:38 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• making fun... I am too tired to be typing... Think I need to goto bed.lol
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i just dont like that its violent :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:43 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• heres a link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29263781/?GT1=43001
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 9:46 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• I don't think the woman who had her face ripped off by that chimp appreciated the violence either, but it is what it is.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:48 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• i get it but i didnt know about the chimp that went crazy. i just figured it was making fun of how the ppl who wrote the stimulus were monkeys. great cartoon, just a little violent

Al Sharpton needs to take a chill pill & stop seeing everything as racist. i didnt have one thought of the monkey being solely Obama...i just thought the monkey was congress & those who approved of the bill.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:34 PM on Feb. 19, 2009

• Here comes the politically correct crap again. I saw so many ugly vile cartoons of Bush and McCain and they were here on Cafemom. Women had these horrible pictures of monkeys shitting on Bush. I would love to see someone do that to Obama. What's fair for one is fair for the other. These people have played the race card way too often and it is going to come back and hit them in the face. I can't wait to see cartoons on Obama and his crowd.
    Scorpio359

Answer by Scorpio359 at 10:44 PM on Feb. 19, 2009