If you had to pick just a handful of foods ...

I haven't felt like eating much at one time lately. One of the only good things about my new medication is that it's made me drop five pounds or so since I've been on it, but I've done it the hard way, with a lot of fatigue and no appetite, even for yummy stuff like Halloween candy and seasonal goodies. So I've been trying to make what I eat count by taking very small, healthy meals. I've gotten in sort of a rut, though. My question is, if you had to choose just a few things to snack on throughout the day that were super healthy, packed with energy, but quick and easy to fix, what would be your best picks?

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 3:04 PM on Nov. 26, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• half a banana, cottage cheese, baby carrots, eggs (maybe hard boil some so you can grab one when you want)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:18 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Reese cups, Reese pieces, peanut butter fudge, in other words anything PEANUT BUTTER!
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 3:49 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• I am the worst eater on the face of the earth. I only eat when I'm hungry. So I'll eat Cereal like rice crispies, Muffins, Progresso soup, Frozen chinese food (Tai Pei Chicken Chow Mein) comes in a box & you microwave it, Mac & cheese microwavable, granola bars, peanut butter & lemonade. That about sums up what I eat Unless I go eat at a restaurant. I cook for the kids but it bores me to eat it.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• walnuts,dried fruit,string cheese

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• I can't eat nuts. Have you tried the ensure drinks or breakfast drunks.
    That's what I would do.
    At one time in my life I had to take some medication That made me not want to eat.
    My DH would go get me an milk shake every day when he came home from work.

Answer by louise2 at 3:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• When I need a quick pick me up I eat a banana with a table spoon of peanut butter with a glass of orange juice. For me it goes a long way. Another snack I like is crackers with hummus cheese.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• you lost me at super healthy, lol
    My favorite go to snack is homeade granola!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 3:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Cheese and Crackers, Apples and Peanut Butter, Toast, Plain Spaghetti noodles with some parmasan cheese sprinkled on, Baked Potato, Bananas, Watermelon, Grapes.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:52 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Healthy, I'd go with almonds . In general, when I'm looking for a quick snack, I go with cereal, ice cream, chocolate, chips, chocolate, a granola or lemon bar, chocolate. Did I mention chocolate? lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 3:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• I've been trying to put on weight, so I've been trying to supplement my meals with smoothies. A simple smoothie only takes a few minutes to make and are easy to tailor to your needs/wants. I was making a pumpkin smoothie that tasted great. I just used a cup of milk (soy milk or almond if you like), a few tablespoons of peanut butter, a few rounded tablespoons of puréed pumpkin, a little sweetener (I use honey), spices like cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves, half of a banana, and a handful of ice.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 3:57 PM on Nov. 26, 2013