The area all around my eyes is bright red, swollen, raw, burning and sometimes itchy. My upper lip is slight swollen, too. I have been taking Zrytec D but it only helps slightly. Went to Immediate

Care last week. He thought it was contact dermatitis and even after 10 days of Keflex 500 2x a day, it's no better. It's worse when I wake up every morning. I apply my usual eye cream to reduce the swelling or I'd look horrible for work. I have to conceal the raw red areas with makeup concealer. I'm in sales and can't go to work without makeup especially looking like this. The rawness hurts so I keep Vaseline on my lids during the day as they dry out as the day progresses.

mmk0717

Asked by mmk0717 at 4:23 PM on Nov. 26, 2013 in Health

• You may need to follow up with a dermatologist. It's unusual because dermatitis is treated with steroids not antibiotics. I'd get a second opinion.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• I agree. Go directly to a Dermatologist ASAP. Are you sure you are not having an allergic reaction from something? Seafood or bug spray etc.??
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:48 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Could be a lot of things.... I wouldn't rule out anything just yet and STOP PUTTING MAKE UP ON IT! That will only make it more irriatted
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 6:20 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Have you changed the pillows you sleep with or anything like that? I had a friend who couldn't figure out what was causing her red face until she realized she had bought new pillows and she was allergic to the new stuffing. Just an idea........hug
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:31 PM on Nov. 26, 2013