Need a recipe for Thanksgiving....ideas?

So as there is only 3 of us and one of us is a 6 yr old I didn't want to spend both the time and money on a turkey...and I don't really need 13lbs of leftover turkey lol.

I bought a couple pounds of Boneless chicken breasts that I'm going to use instead. Was looking for ideas on recipes..perhaps something with a slow cooker.

Ideas?

PS I plan on making Yams, a green bean and goat cheese dish and probably mashed potatoes as well..of course I'm going to have at least pumpkin pie.

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 26, 2013 in Food & Drink

• how about thanksgiving casserole with chicken instead of turkey, or pot pies?

thanksgiving casserole

tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:35 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• I always make sage butter to stuff under the turkey skin.. room temp stick of butter, about 1/2 cup fresh sage chopped, and garlic salt.

It gives it a good earthy flavor that always reminds me of Thanksgiving. I also do this with chicken thighs.. Smear it under and on top of the skin (dunno if yours is skinless) and roast.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 4:36 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Pound the chicken as flat as you can, and then stuff with cream cheese, herbs and one pat of butter, wrap in bacon, secure with tooth picks and bake at about 350 for 45 minutes broil the last 5 to make the bacon crispy,
    I got this from another mother on here, and my family likes it more than steak!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 4:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• you can always buy just turkey breasts over near the frozen chicken if you want that turkey flavor! I would make it just like you would make a big turkey only it's condensed
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:47 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• My husband injects our turkey with honey and butter, then smokes on the grill. I imagine would be about the same in a slow cooker.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:02 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Parmesan Chicken Breast...

Seasoned croutons finely crushed (I put them in a ziploc bag and use a rolling pin)
    Pour crushed croutons in a pie plate and add 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, mix well
    Microvave butter
    Dip chicken breast in butter and coat with parmesan/crouton mixture
    I bake it at 350 for approx an hour, but I'm sure a crock pot would work fine.
    Just not as crispy as the oven.
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 11:35 PM on Nov. 26, 2013