When you're done having kids, would you rather...

Have your tubes tied (or have it taken care of on your end)...

Have your husband get a vasectomy...

or....

Stay on some form of birth control/protection until you can no longer get pregnant?

Just curious!

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 5:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I had my tubes tied/ burned/ rbberbanded or whatever it was they did...

Have never regretted it. I KNEW I was done with having kids when I had my 2nd.
    *I just wish it would have taken my periods away. I'm SO SERIOUSLY over that crap...ugh
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 5:46 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Dh had a vasectomy, took less then fifteen minutes and best decision we ever made
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:29 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• I had a tubal ligation done when my last baby was born via C-section. Hubby offered to have a vasectomy, but failed to follow through. I didn't get an option. Not really.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:24 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• After my iud comes out, we will probably use cycle tracking and condoms. We used condoms for 12 years and were relatively happy with that. We are not planning anymore kids, but if we had another we may then decide to go with something more permanent. To me it is too permanent and we are not ready for that.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 5:28 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• I won't be done until Menopause knocks on my door. Children are a gift from God to be cherished and raised for His glory.

AubreyRed

Answer by AubreyRed at 6:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• As for me, I think I would rather just rely on birth control or other forms of protection rather than have some kind of medical procedure (for myself or my husband)
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 5:22 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• it is (was) his turn to go under the knife! Vasectomy in my book! The older you get the less able or adviseable it is to go on hormonal BC, so we came to an agreement, 4-5 days of labor and 2 C-sections = you getting snipped or wearing a condom until I hit "the change" lol
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:26 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• My husband got a vasectomy at the beginning of my last pregnancy. We were in the process of him getting it done when I ended up pregnant :/ I was pissed at him too. Long story.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:43 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• At some point during this pregnancy I'm telling the doc to shut my baby-making factory down. He'll already be in there taking my baby out anyway. My other two kids were C-sections, so this one is two. I've already asked about VBAC and been told no. Doesn't bother me too much either, with my track record vaginal births are not in my stars.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 6:24 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Have him get snipped. It's much easier on them than it is on us. Besides, it's a small price to pay for all the pain & suffering of pregnancy & labor! ;p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:43 PM on Nov. 26, 2013