Is this normal???

I am 17, almost 18. Im pregnant for the first time and I am about 6/7 weeks along. I am unable to eat almost everything due to extreme nausea. Anytime i eat i start to feel sick. I throw up about twice a day. I have stomach pains related to nausea almost all day long everyday. Is this normal for some mothers or could something be wrong??????

Viharris

Asked by Viharris at 6:05 PM on Nov. 26, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Lots of women get morning sickness (which doesn't always mean morning). Your OB would be the best person to consult about this since some women have severe symptoms and require extra medical intervention. I wouldn't worry about it until you see the Dr. If you are too worried to relax then call the OB's office and ask to talk to a nurse.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:03 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• This is why children shouldn't get pregnant.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 7:15 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• butterflyblue19

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• 100% normal. I was nauseous and threw up almost every day for 5-6 months of my pregnancy - and still managed to gain 65 lbs! My best advice is to eat the foods your body is craving (but if you're craving things that aren't food, don't!) and drink a lot of water - at least that'll make it less uncomfortable if it's going to come up anyway. There are medications you can try (like diclectin, I think it's called) but they can be very expensive and some doctors won't even prescribe them.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 6:09 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Could be normal. Could be something wrong. The only person who can really tell you is your doctor.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 6:11 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• It's normal but you need to consult with your doctor! Deff get to them as soon as you can so they can treat the nausea so you can gain some weight! Good luck and congrats
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 6:16 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Twas normal for me. If it gets real bad call your doctor, but for the most part pretty normal.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:40 PM on Nov. 26, 2013

• Smaller meals and snacks. Don't try to eat too much too quickly.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 9:37 PM on Nov. 26, 2013