This is a very important shopping purchase so I need YOUR help!

LOL! I NEED to get a spare security blanket to replace my LO's since I have washed it so much that it looks like a rag. I got hers at a store by me & they don't have them anymore so I just went on ebay & found one exactly the same & NEW!!! It's pink minky fabric with a satin edge. YAYYYYY.

So they have one just like hers & they have another one with a little bear head in the middle.

So,
Bear or no bear?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 12:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2013 in Shopping

• Both? Shopping is fun.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:03 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• The one exactly like what she has.

DS had a little dog lovey he got when he was just over a year old. My mom got him a new one a few years later because the old one was very tattered. We now call them 'dirty dog' and 'clean dog'. He still prefers dirty dog, so prepare for your DD to go right back to her worn blanket.

I have a BFF from childhood that still has her 'blankie'. It's got holes in it and probably just looks like a ball of yarn when it's sitting on her bed. She still sleeps with that thing and she's over 40.

Funny how we attach to things.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• no bear
    get ready to sew the old scrap to the new blanket,just saying

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Same as she had before, think the bear would be cute, but if she is like a Linus about her blanket, you better get the exact same thing.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 12:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Exactly as she has already.

Be prepared for her to fight you about accepting the new blanket, though. It's not her lovey, so she will probably resist it and insist upon the tattered blanket.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 1:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Ack. I hit enter too soon. *sigh*

If that's the case, offer both blankets together, then gradually stop offering the tattered one until it simply disappears one day. Be patient. As you know, security objects are very important to LOs.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 1:46 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• I'd go with exactly the same. My 10 yr old still has his "dolphin blankie" and I'm pretty sure he would wreak havoc that would vie with the flood from the Noah's Ark story if I tried to swap it with something even slightly different. I'm just grateful he only sleeps with it now, and doesn't try to take it everywhere. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 2:13 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• I did that. I found the exact same one my son had. His was in 3 pieces by then. But he wouldn't touch it. It wasn't HIS. Be prepared for him to ignore it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Yep I agree. Get the same one and try to get her to use it along with the old one for a while or something. DD was given a baby blanket that belonged to her step sister who is ten years older. I have no hope of replacing that thing, and it is as tattered as they come. DD likes the holes in the silk binding, sigh!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2013