Anybody have an "epic" fail for Thanksgiving?

I recall the first time I ever cooked a turkey, had no idea that there was stuff inside the cavity, during dinner my husband pulled out the still paper wrapped, neck and giblets.
It still tasted good!

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:34 PM on Nov. 27, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Maybe lol
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• I always burn the rolls.
    Every. Damn. Year.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:43 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• i've done that
    I mistakenly used baking soda instead of corn starch in my gravy. That was a pretty salty mess

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• I wanted to have chestnuts in my stuffing. I bought them in their shells. The shells were like bank vaults! I finally found a website that suggested boiling them to soften the shells. That was a whole other mess.

Finally, I threw them all away and went back to the store and bought already shelled chestnuts. For all the conveniences I refuse to pay extra for when I can do it myself for free...IT'S SOOOOOO WORTH PAYING TO HAVE SOMEONE ELSE get the chestnuts out of their shells! LOL

BTW the stuffing turned out FABULOUS!
    vanillaorchida

Answer by vanillaorchida at 2:55 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• I did that too my first Thanksgiving! LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 2:57 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Always take the giblet bag out of the turkey cavity before you roast the bird! I cannot stress this enough!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• LOL! That will teach me to post before carefully reading ... but as a young bride, you think your life is over! Absolutely over ... and your new in-laws are sitting there while you wish you could turn into a cockroach and skitter under the rug by the sink in the kitchen of your mobile home.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 5:58 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• I decided one year I was going to make gravy from the turkey drippings. I didn't bother with a recipe or guide, because I know how to make gravy, obviously. Who doesn't?

I wound up with brown turkey flavored jello, which is amazing because I didn't use gelatin. I'm just a talented cook.

We were very thankful for the 4 jars of Heinz turkey gravy in the cupboard that year.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:24 AM on Nov. 28, 2013

• We have done that too! I cannot get the damn bird right so I bought a cooked one today. I did mess up my pie. Crust on the pie tastes great but it's hard as rock. I kept putting it back in the over to make sure the middle of the pumpkin was cooked. I think that was a boo boo.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2013