What is the one thing your DH/SO did this year for you that you are thankful for?

My DH sold his cherished corvette. He sold it because he didn't want me to wait out in the bad weather at the bus stop with my LO when he had to take my truck to work. This was a very "Big" thing for him to part with. He's had a corvette since we met (5 to be exact). He bought a truck & paid off some bills with the money too. I was shocked & very thankful too :)

What is something your guy did that you were thankful for this year?

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 2:56 PM on Nov. 27, 2013 in Relationships

• He's doing it now. Starting October 21st he started working a double, split shift at work. It would have been just a double shift, but he needs the time between 11 and 4 for his other job. He gets up and leaves for work before we get up in the morning, and is now coming home after we go to bed. He will continue to do this until the new year.

Why? 1) Because the idiot that worked the closing shift wanted to quit and management moved her to a different position, 2) Management hasn't found someone to take the closing shift, and 3) Management doesn't trust the mid day person to close properly.

We ALL miss Daddy. We really only get to see him on the weekends. *I* talk to him during the day while the kids are at school, but it's not the same as having him here.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 7:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• BTW- my dad has a classic Corvette. Has had it for years. It's his baby. (yes, just like the commercial) What your husb. did was VERY, VERY self-less & caring. I hope he was handsomely rewarded! :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Past couple of years I have had health issues. Surgeries. He has been their for me every single time. The heart problem was the hardest on him I think. You really don't know how much a spouse loves you tell the bad come in the marriage. (Not the cheating kind of stuff).

Answer by louise2 at 3:03 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• My guy disconnected the buzzer in my car.

There is a short in the wiring and it's more than we can afford to have a mechanic trace and find and repair the short.

Yesturday the buzzer came on and then would not shut off after buckling up and starting the car. All day long it just buzzed. Very annoying.

My hubby spent his day off tracing the buzzer to it's fuse and took that fuse out so it would stop! YEAH!

Silence is so sweet!

vanillaorchida

Answer by vanillaorchida at 3:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• There have been many things, but the first thing that popped into my head was that he's been a great Father. I really can't top that. Ohhh, he did take my car to get it inspected a few weeks ago... but still can't top the Dad stuff!! ;o)
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 3:33 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Do you want the family friendly version or the adult version?! lol ;p
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• cleans house, cooks, worked side jobs so I could be home.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 4:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• He did the dishes the other day. That was cool.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 3:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• My dh just went to the store, bought everything we need to take for Thanksgiving, came home, packed the car, packed my suitcase (I told him what I wanted), vacuumed the whole house, and cleaned the bathroom. then washed the sheets and the towels. All of this bc I have a migraine, and we both had to be at work at 11:30 so he wanted me to rest. He is awesome like that all of the time... i have no idea why he loves me as much as he does.... :)
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 3:26 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Got orders to head overseas. Germany here we come!
    adoredby3

Answer by adoredby3 at 3:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2013