Are you currently boycotting any businesses?

I am boycotting a local pizza place because of their rude manager. As far as national chains, I am boycotting Toys R Us and Pizza Hut. 

What businesses are you boycotting? If you are not boycotting anything, what would it take for you to boycott a business?

JeremysMom

Asked by JeremysMom at 6:16 PM on Nov. 27, 2013 in Money & Work

• Papa Johns
    for his stance on homosexuals and how he treats his employees

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• The local Dollar General. They are rude and I told them so. I also wrote the company about it. Not that it would do any good..... They always make me feel like I am interrupting their business of talking.....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• No but what is your issue with ToysRus?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:18 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Butterflyblue, I didn't know about that. Man, I am running out of pizza places to eat at now.

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 6:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• I avoid Walmart at all costs
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:21 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• No. I don't do boycotting for reasons other than I do not like to do business with certain retailers.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 6:22 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Ilovemypaulie, it's a combination of two things. The first is that I am very passionate about the outdoors and children being in the outdoors. They made a commercial where they took kids on a fake field trip saying that they were going to the forest and had a fake ranger giving a boring presentation and then told them they were going to Toys R Us. That really irked me. The second thing that did it for me was the fact that they are opening on Thanksgiving Day at 5 pm. which in my opinion is not necessary.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5SXybm6bss

JeremysMom

Comment by JeremysMom (original poster) at 6:23 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• I will never do business with Verizon Wireless again because they lied to me outright and dealt with me dishonestly. I suppose with the way companies merge and swap subsidiaries and the like, I may end up dealing with them indirectly, but I will never knowingly spend my money on their goods or services again as long as I live.

I've had trouble at tons of places like Albertson's, KFC, Salvation Army, Three Margarita's, King Soopers, Walgreen's, The Gap, and Dunkin' doughnuts because of rude service. I know it sounds like a lot. I don't bother to complain usually except when someone gets really rude and yells at me to read a sign or tries to physically drag me out of a restaurant. but you get a lot of incidents over the years when you have a service dog and/or a disability. Either people don't want the dog in their shop, or they don't want to help you get the items you need to shop for, or whatever.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:15 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• We'll it is not really boycotting. But I am tired of giving money to Walmart. So I try not to go their to shop. Unless I have to. I am getting tired of our Red lobster. They have bad employees.

Answer by louise2 at 7:28 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• I was boycotting Chik Fil A over their anti-gay thing, but it's just so damn good.
    In my defense, I've only gone once this entire year! (compared to like 20 times last year!)
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2013