What am I doing wrong with my laundry?

The washer loads are being done and are still sopping wet and soapy. I have to run another rinse and spin cycle everytime. Sometimes more than once. Am I using too much soap? Load too big? What? (Crappy washer maybe?)

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 6:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2013 in Home & Garden

• unbalanced load

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:44 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Or yes, too much laundry detergent.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:59 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Okay I just did a load of towels and used the bottom line of the detergent cup- I think they were riding the side so that water couldn't drain and the soap just got stuck. I *HATE* doing small loads of laundry because it takes freaking forever, but I might need to start them :'(
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 7:03 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Just make sure the load is mixed. Sometimes all of one thing,like all towels,will make the washer go wonky.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:05 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Something is wrong with the washing machine. It's not what you are doing. You need a repair man.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:11 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• How old is the washer? Sound like the washer to me.

Answer by louise2 at 7:19 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• The washer and dryer came with the house and they are old and had been stored outside. I would buy a new set but I have nowhere to store this set. There is also 3 modes , heavy medium and light and I have been running everything on light. Maybe that's it.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 7:23 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• The few times this happened to me was either because of me over filling it (oops) or because DS had decided to switch the washer off before it had finished. Kids!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 7:25 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Yea, that is probably it. Put it on medium see if that help.

Answer by louise2 at 7:48 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• you would buy a new set but there is no where to store the current ones? Landlord? Tell him you bought new and he should store them or have him get ones that work.
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 8:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2013