Need to get this out so I can enjoy tomorrow

So my dad just called. Mom is in the hospital. She had an anxiety/panic attack while visiting my brother who is in for a staph infection. Both of them are alive, but the bills are going to pile up quickly. Dad seems to be dealing ok, but he's never been one to break down in front of people. So here I sit. 1,000 miles away (literally) and unable to do anything to help. The house needs cleaned because the staph is contagious and I know he can't do it because he had a stroke a few months ago. Called my aunts to ask them to keep an eye on him. They will so that eases the worry a little on my end. Financially I just can't get there anytime soon and that frustrates me. They are alive so I am thankful for that. Just hoping they don't end up homeless because they can't pay the bill. So how is your holiday shaping up? Hey had to make it a question.

2autisticsmom

Asked by 2autisticsmom at 8:43 PM on Nov. 27, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:17 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• sending good thoughts, hugs!
    Happy thanksgiving
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 9:47 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• I am sorry you are going through this. Sending positive thoughts.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Babe, I'm so sorry all of that is happening. Everything will work out , can the aunts go over and do the house? * super big hugs*
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:39 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• wow. Sorry this is happening now of all times... I went through something sorta similiar with parents ill, couldn't get there, needed to help and couldn't, etc so I know how frustrating it is. Very sorry. The one thing I did was found a friend of a friend who really needed some extra Christmas cash and paid her to clean the house. It was like 60 bucks or something and so worth it. So, if that's a possibility it might ease your mind a little.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:41 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Sorry wasn't sure where to put it. Most of the people I know hang out here. Enjoy your holiday!!!
    2autisticsmom

Comment by 2autisticsmom (original poster) at 8:51 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• I'm so sorry you and your family are going through this! Big hugs!!!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 12:57 AM on Nov. 28, 2013

• hugs Hang in there.  I'm sure it's very frustrating to be so far away.  But at least you have family who lives near them who can help out.  That is something to be thankful for.  As for the bills, they should be able to work out payment arrangements.  If not, there's always bankruptcy.  

We get to have 2 Thanksgivings this year.  One at my mom's & one at my dad's.  Time to get out the stretchy pants. ;p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 4:44 AM on Nov. 28, 2013

• The aunts aren't in much better shape. Them cleaning probably not a good idea. The cousins **could** do it, but probably won't. Dad was getting ready to go see them when I called. He managed to spray some Lysol around most of the house. Hopefully that will help. We had our dinner early so it's done. Hubby will be leaving soon to go to work. Been a good holiday so far. We'll see if mom and brother get to come home or if they need to stay another few days.
    2autisticsmom

Comment by 2autisticsmom (original poster) at 1:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2013