Would it only take 1 hit for you to leave?

Would you leave if your Dh,Bf or Gf hit you during an arguement if it was only a slap? Or would you fight back? Not saying her name but a friend of mine got into an argument today with her husband and he hit her I was in shock and just left b/c it got awkward and quiet

Shaketa123

Asked by Shaketa123 at 10:27 PM on Nov. 27, 2013 in Relationships

• Everyone at some point gets so angry they THINK of slapping someone they're angry with. In the heat of the moment, it's so easy to be impulsive and haul off and smack someone we feel desperately deserves it.

However, when a person stands at that line of THOUGHT OR ACTION and they DECIDE to step over that line and give themselves permission to harm another person...it's time to go. When the target considered is not worthy of respect, when the target's humanity does not motivate self-restraint, today's slap will be tomorrow's punch will be the next day's baseball bat will be next weeks funeral.
    vanillaorchida

Answer by vanillaorchida at 1:46 AM on Nov. 28, 2013

• Yes, after he picked himself up off the floor after I shot him.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:32 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• I did leave.

It was the day of my 21st birthday. He was a possessive-abusive ass. He'd been throwing a tantrum all weekend because I wasn't doing what he wanted me to do. I finally had enough of the tantrum and started packing my things to go back to my place (we were in the military, married, and not living together). He got pissed and punched a 2lb plastic jar of peanut butter off the top of his fridge. It hit me in the back/side of my head. It left a welt for 3 days and a bruise for two weeks.

I walked out his door and into a lawyer's office. I never saw him again.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 10:52 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Absolutely.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:09 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Yes
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 11:14 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Yeah, I think I would leave.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:30 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• It would depend. I think I would but since I can't imagine my dh hitting me, I dont really know what I would do for sure.... I would be in total shock.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 10:35 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Yes. I would have the cops there in a second and be packing bags for the girls. We would be gone zero second chances.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:43 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• Yes. As a survivor of physical abuse, I know for sure that is one road I will absolutely not travel again. When it happened to me as an adult, I told the person who hit me that the only reason I was not calling the police at that very moment was because he wasn't a spouse, he was a parent, and we were at someone else's house on Christmas Day, so I wasn't going to ruin the holiday for everyone else. But I wouldn't tolerate it again, anywhere, ever, for any reason on the planet. If it were a spouse, I would be gone, no questions, no explanations, no excuses, no apologies, no nothing. Done, over, end of story.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:38 PM on Nov. 27, 2013

• I have a rule, you hit me and I put a knife through your heart end of that!
    luvmygrandgirl

Answer by luvmygrandgirl at 11:42 PM on Nov. 27, 2013