Anyone in the dental field? Need job advice :)

Im just finishing school for dental assisting and im trying to figure out if id rather work in ortho, or oral surgery, since those 2 are the places calling me for interviews. Which one do you think id be happier at? On average, does one pay more than the other? Or should I try for a different specialty all together?

exxOHjackie

Asked by exxOHjackie at 1:02 AM on Nov. 28, 2013 in Money & Work

• Only you can decide where you'd be happier.  Figure out where your true interests are to answer your question.  Would you see more children in ortho?  Would that interest you?  Would you see more of a mix of ages in oral surgery?  Would this make a difference to you?  Personally I'd want to be where I'd help more children.  Do some research (google) about pay for each.  There might be some helpful info in the link below.  GL

http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/dental-assistants.htm#tab-6

silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:42 AM on Nov. 28, 2013