• In the Spotlight:

Anyone out there? lol baking question

Ok so I want to make some cream biscuits for tonight, the recipe uses All purpose flour and baking powder. I do have whole wheat flour but I didn't like the consistency I got when I used it to make the pie dough so I would rather not use it.

I also have some self rising flour...if I was to use that instead and omit the baking powder(recipe calls for 2 cups flour and 1 tablespoon of baking powder) or just some of it do you think it would work? If it flops I could make it with the whole wheat and have enough time to do so, but would rather the self rising.

What do you think?

tntmom1027

Asked by tntmom1027 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Whole wheat flour is healthier...so how about one cup of Whole wheat and one of Self rising? Keep the baking soda to help the whole wheat.

Most whole wheat breads in the supermarket...use half whole wheat and half regular over processed white flour to improve lightness of texture and still get away with passing itself off as whole wheat.
    vanillaorchida

Answer by vanillaorchida at 3:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2013

• I vote make something else if you don't have the right ingredients!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2013

• That's a good idea Vanilla....I think I will do that :)
    tntmom1027

Comment by tntmom1027 (original poster) at 3:17 PM on Nov. 28, 2013