Who was George VanCleave?

My BIL is winning the George VanCleave award for Military Leadership I did a google search and discovered there isn't even a wikipedia article on George VanCleave Anyone know who he was?

adorkablemommie

Asked by adorkablemommie at 4:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I found this:

"The USO George Van Cleave Military Leadership Award is given to service members, who through their selfless commitment to country, inspire others and uplift the spirits of their comrades, their families, and the American people."----http://www.navy.mil/submit/display.asp?story_id=71105

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 5:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2013

• DH is retired Military and he didn't know.

Answer by louise2 at 8:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2013

• thanks but I know that already! Who is George VanCleave is the question not what is the award. I know what the award is for!
    adorkablemommie

Comment by adorkablemommie (original poster) at 8:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2013

• I can't find anything on him personally but it appears that it's a very High award. Only one per year to each branch of the armed servies. Congratulations to him.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 9:56 AM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Thank you!
    adorkablemommie

Comment by adorkablemommie (original poster) at 9:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2013