Is there some kind of paint you can use on counter tops?

I want to paint my counters but I'm afraid it would look bad..Is there a certain paint for things like that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:45 PM on Feb. 19, 2009 in Just for Fun

• unfortunately, no you cannot paint counter tops. due to the use (such as scooting things, setting things down, just basic use of a counter top) ANY paint used would just end up coming off at some point.
    Anonymous

• I've seen several home shows that show you how to do it. I remember A Christofer Lowe show where he showed how to do it he was using Kilz (sp) paint. And I know you will find help on the hgtv.com Also I just bet you may be able to find something about it at Martha Stewarts site. It can be done and people do it. Just do the search and you will find out how. Come back and let us know what you found. What are you painting over formica, tile, wood?
    DAWN-10

Answer by DAWN-10 at 1:01 AM on Feb. 20, 2009

• I would go to a professional paint place (Lowe's, Home Depot, Sherwin Williams, etc) and ask them. Then I would go to designer's websites and post questions to them for their suggestions.

I believe it can be done, but I'm not sure which type of paint can be used.

Best wishes!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:06 AM on Feb. 20, 2009