Is it too much to ask to someone stay home from the family celebration if they are sick?

My sister's family has been hit hard with the stomach flu this week. Our family Thanksgiving is tomorrow and she is still planning on coming even though they are sick.

God Dammit! I do NOT want to get sick. Keep your stinky, barfy, liquid poop selves home!

Ugh! Maybe I am just mean.

Do you stay home if you could get someone else sick?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 10:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2013 in Holidays

• I would never expose anyone to my illness and you have every right to tell her no!
    That is being very disrespectful to you and your family, plus, I can't imagine any of them being very hungry!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2013

• But, this was hilarious>>>liquid poop self...hahahaha!
    KTElite

Answer by KTElite at 10:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2013

• I think it's incredibly thoughtless and selfish to take sick family members to a big event. First you don't expose people you care about to something contagious, second, you don't make sick people go out!!

Rude and inconsiderate.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2013

• It's rude and it's stupid. Who has fun being surrounded by loud people and a bunch of food when their stomach is off in the first place?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2013

• I think it's wrong to HAVE to ask someone to keep their liquid poopy selves home! Who goes out in that condition? I'd have to ride in that car. EEEEW!
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 10:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2013

• I wouldn't want to go in that condition, nor would I want to expose others to my germs or my smell. I wouldn't want to take my sick kids out. I'm surprised at your sister. Has someone asked her to stay home or, if that would be offensive, offered to take her some food?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2013

• I stay home. I would hate to be the reason someone else got sick.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2013

• Man, we have ALL been there. I would just tell her point blank, please, do not come. She'll make an excuse to come anyway but at least you will have tried. Tell her NO thanks.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 11:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2013

• When I'm sick the last thing I feel like doing is being among people, eating and drinking. So, yes, I stay home.
    goldpandora

Answer by goldpandora at 4:43 AM on Nov. 29, 2013

• I like the idea of offering to take them some food. They can eat it when they're feeling better & able to really enjoy it. And your family doesn't get exposed to their nasty germs. So do that. Any reasonable person would appreciate that compromise.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2013