Is this Craving Normal????

I am 7 weeks pregnant and am craving ice almost all the time. You will never see me without me eating a cup of ice. It soothes my stomach and seems to be all that i can hold down most time due to really bad morning sickness. Is this a normal craving?

Viharris

Asked by Viharris at 9:54 AM on Nov. 29, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Yeah it's normal, be glad it's a healthy craving! I craved all the wrong goods, Burger King, pizza, KFC the lot!
    Just make sure you actually eat food as well.
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 10:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2013

• You are lacking iron. You are probably anemic. Tell your Dr. at your next appointment. Take a multivitamin now & they'll probably put you on an additional iron pill. Eat red meat.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:11 AM on Nov. 29, 2013

• I agree with paulie
    Call your doctor on monday and request a blood test

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Yeah, I seem to recall that being a sign of anemia. Call your doctor and get checked out.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 10:21 AM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Listen to Wendy, butterfly and Paulie, I'd never heard of eating ice to be a sign of anaemia!
    kylie_bob

Answer by kylie_bob at 10:46 AM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Yes! I had the same thing. I used to buy a large cup of ice every day on the way into work.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:10 AM on Nov. 29, 2013

• MEntion it to your doctor, but you should be fine. THe only things you should really worry about are craving non-edible items like dirt or chalk. And hey... if it's one of the only things you can keep down, go with it.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 29, 2013

• I eat ice all the time too. I'd say it's pretty normal.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 4:35 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

I hadn't, either. I only recall it because after I had my oldest, I was anemic. I complained to my doctor about how if people touched me, even gently, it felt like they were beating on a bruise or even a broken bone. She asked me if I was eating ice, too - which I wasn't - but she did a blood test and found I was anemic. That's the only reason I remember it. It seemed like such an odd question to ask, given my complaints, so I figured it had to be some kind of connection.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 4:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Yes, but it's not good for your teeth.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:14 PM on Nov. 29, 2013