What's a good tummy trimmer?

My sister poked my tummy after Thanksgiving and says to me, "I've never noticed this before - is this all YOU or do you have something else going on in there." I was SO EMBARRASSED. I have two children - the youngest is four years old. I love food, wine, soda and coffee. I have always eaten what I've wanted. I'm about 130 and 5'6". I'm almost 40. And I hate to work out - and I never have...I was trying to right now, but...it is playing in the background (it's the ab roller I bought last year). I do have a pudge - and I realize this, but I don't know where to start to get rid of it.

I can't do a sit up to save my life. :( (Thus the purchase of the ab roller...which is just more of a bulky piece of equipment)...

Isn't there a simple P90X?

augsmom

Asked by augsmom at 10:05 AM on Nov. 29, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• I know how you can lose around 130 pounds fast… ignore your sister!

I've not found any way around the old fashioned way, I'm afraid. I walk daily, fast clip, 1/4 mi, mostly uphill. I started this in August and have lost 2 inches around my waist and around my hips. I'm down 18 pounds overall. Not fast, I know. But pounds lost fast tend to come back and I'm more concerned about lowering my blood glucose than about losing the pudge which I've decided has taken up permanent residence.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:39 AM on Nov. 29, 2013

• The Belly Fat Blog: Infographic: Shrink Your Belly in 14 Days

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:48 AM on Nov. 29, 2013

• I highly doubt that 5'6 and 130, that you even have a "belly". I think your sister is an asshole. If YOU are worried about it, Crafty posted a good suggestion. My best advice is to tell your sister to fuck off for being such a rude douche!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:52 AM on Nov. 29, 2013

• eat better food.

and start working out- find something you love and DO it :)
    also- drink a lot of water
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 11:08 AM on Nov. 29, 2013

• My jaw hit the floor when she sad it. It was like she couldn't stop talking about it after that. I am very self conscious about it. What do you mean eat better? Diet food? I love food. I could sit here and down a pound of bacon. I like to walk, but I don't honk that does anything for the belly. I like to bike, but same thing. I hate the structured work out...and my daughters laughed at me this morning as I attempted the ab roller. :P
    augsmom

Comment by augsmom (original poster) at 11:57 AM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Was she drunk? Doesn't sound like you need to lose much. Just exercise however you like, find something fun!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• You described me including weight and height and not working out. Try pilates, it worked wonders for my core when I finally decided to get off my lazy butt and do something after my two kids.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• PS: Get a Mari Winsor tape for like 9 bucks off Amazon and do the 20 min. workout. That is all I did...I'm 42
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:24 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• I hate to work out. I eat when I have time. I told my mom what she said and that I was mortified, because I have been SO SELF CONSCIOUS about this PUDGE. She said my sister is battling some kind of AWEFUL pudge. I don't feel I need to lose weight...just tone...I'm not uber healthy eater...but I don't know. So frustrated.
    augsmom

Comment by augsmom (original poster) at 5:54 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• What about these WRAP things?
    augsmom

Comment by augsmom (original poster) at 6:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2013