Daughter and a polycystic ovary

I was wondering if anyone has PCOS and if they can give me any info. My 21 yr old daughter FINALLY went to the gyno after me pressuring her for almost 2 yrs. Her periods have been abnormal for over a year and a half and she has had acne for that long also that she never had before. She has always stopped birth control pills after a short time because of side effects like bloat, moods, head aches, and worse acne. Anyway, she had a ultrasound and one ovary has 9 cysts, the other one is normal. The Dr also said her hormone levels are all out of whack. She prescribed Ortho Cyclen and said it is very important she take it. Does anyone have any experience with any of this? She is a senior in college preparing for upcoming finals and now is stressed to the max. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2013 in Health

• http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/polycystic-ovary-syndrome/DS00423

Here's a great website so you can read up on it.  You could also research the meds she's taking.  My friend had it, but much later in her life & after 2 children, so she got a hystorectomy.  GL to your dau.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• She needs to follow Dr.'s orders. period.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• I had lower abdominal pain so I went to gyno who did tests and found cysts on both of my ovaries. They were benign luckily. He said they were harmless and to leave them alone. They will go away on their own and the only problem they would cause is interfering with ovulation. This was 3 years ago and the pain has gone away.
    jenny3344

Answer by jenny3344 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 30, 2013