What small kitchen gadget purchase have you been impressed with?

It doesn't sound like much but the onion saver I bought a few years ago gets used almost daily. We put onion on a lot of our food and usually tossed the other half in the fridge and it would get icky. I love my onion saver.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2013 in Shopping

• Does a keurig count? I love mine. It's so much less messy, my dh needs the help. I don't have to clean up all coffee mess.
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 3:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Got tired of my electric can opener (took up space) so I bought a hand held one. I like it a lot. Never heard of an onion saver!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 4:20 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Love love love my kitchen scale. The bread I make now going by weight is so much better then when I was just measuring.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 4:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Milk Frother or my salt cellar it's handy.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• I am a kitchen gadget junkie. When I moved in with my Niece there were three that I would not leave behind. One is my garlic peeler which looks like a piece of rubber hose. You put two or cloves in it and roll on counter a few times. when you dump it out the garlic is peeled. The second is what we have always called "The Gillhooy" It is a jar opener that clamps on to the lid and you just twist to open the jar. I have tried to find a like item for years and cant find one. The third is an onion slicer. It is a plastic handle thing that has sharp metal nail like things in it. You push it into the onion and slice between the nails to slice. Reminds me of the hair pick things from the days of teased hair.
    AuntieV

Answer by AuntieV at 10:23 AM on Dec. 10, 2013

• My Bialetti cappuccino maker. It was $78, and makes 2 cups of espresso, cappuccino, or caffe latte at a time; works better than the $400 cappuccino maker my in-laws bought for us years ago and takes up much less space.

http://uncrate.com/p/bialetti-cappuccino-maker.jpg
    FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 12, 2014