Question about Confectioners' Sugar

I made up some pineapple raisin bars I found online to send with my daughter's nanna to her family's Thanksgiving dinner party tomorrow, although my daughter and I probably won't go. It's just one event too many to squeeze in over the busy weekend. Anyway, at the bottom of the recipe, it says,"Good sprinkled with confectioners' sugar." I've never done this. Would I sprinkle on the sugar now while the bars are hot so it melts and sticks, or wait till they cool off? Thanks.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 3:15 PM on Nov. 29, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Confectioner's Sugar = Powdered Sugar is best consumed "powdery" for lack of a better term. If you put it on hot...it will melt. If you put it on when cool but it sits in travel...the moisture will dissolve it.

When she arrives at her destination, then sprinkle it on top...fresh and powdery the way it should be. IMHO
    vanillaorchida

Answer by vanillaorchida at 3:32 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Let them cool first.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:23 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Cooled.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:57 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Let them cool to just warm
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:44 PM on Nov. 29, 2013