Is your man overweight and/or balding?

Did you have troubles conceiving?

I read once, years ago, that men who carry more weight around their midsections, and men who are balding generally have a harder time getting a woman pregnant. I can't remember where I read it... a magazine I think. It was after I had my son, and his dad was balding... but he was a scrawny guy. I'm just curious how true this really is!

My fiance is a bigger guy and he's been balding since high school. We won't be having kids together until after we get married next year, but I'm wondering if we might have a harder time with it! Of course I'm not trolling and asking you ladies if you think it'll be impossible... I'm just wondering how close this is to fact!

AdensMama0308

Asked by AdensMama0308 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 29, 2013 in Relationships

• Yes to both,and nope. He could have gotten me pregnant from across the room,lol

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Mine WAS overweight and IS balding. He's slim and trim now with still thinning hair and has super sperm.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 5:10 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• I don't think you have any need to worry about either of these things affecting the size of your family. Just basing my opinion on a long life of observation--no scientific evidence whatsoever.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 4:22 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• I wish I could remember if I read it in a trustworthy magazine or if it was like... some ridiculous article in a Cosmo, or something. I don't know why, but that line has always stuck with me!
    AdensMama0308

Comment by AdensMama0308 (original poster) at 4:28 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• No to both but if after you have tried & if you are not getting pregnant within a period of trying then have him go & have his sperm checked. I doubt he being overweight & balding would matter. I know plenty of guys like that that had a bunch of kids.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:58 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• I've read that balding can be due to increased testosterone. Of course, sometimes balding is hereditary. It probably depends on the man and the total condition of his health.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:11 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Yes he is overweight and shaves his head, but is seriously thinning when he doesn't. We had no problems conceiving! I was off birth control for one month, we did no tracking and bam!

Answer by missanc at 6:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Yes he is thinning and no we did not have any troubles. Well I had blocked tubes, but once we corrected that, I was pregnant the next month.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:25 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Mine is 52, not balding, not overweight, and although I had been told I couldn't have anymore children (had one from a previous marriage) I had 2 more.

Had difficulty with the ex, and he wasn't overweight...or balding either.

I know a number of heavier guys and balding who have children, I don't think it will make any difference.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:52 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• My husband is overweight and has a receding hairline(does that count?). I was on the Depo shot for about five years and once I stopped it took about a year to get pregnant. But that was because of depo.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 3:59 AM on Nov. 30, 2013