Why am I surrounded by insensitive people?

1. My son is allergic to pine trees. We found this out when he was very little. Because of this we have had a fake tree and my parents also got a fake tree. My ex's girlfriend doesn't like fake trees so they got a real one. To me, that's a little insensitive.

2. My boyfriend's mom posted a picture of him with his ex-girlfriend. Him and I have been dating for over 3 yrs and she knows he is planning on proposing within the next year. To me, that's rude and insensitive.

I could go on but I'm sure no one wants to hear this. I just had a bad day and am trying to make sense of it all.

Any suggestions on how to handle this?

tempsingl3mom

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 8:40 PM on Nov. 29, 2013 in Relationships

• The first one you listed isn't just insensitive its kind of dangerous if your son spends time with them around the pine trees. His dad should have enough sense to insist on a fake tree. Number 2 is just plain rude. Do not let something like this get to you at all. Dont mention it to your boyfriend or his mom. The more she hears it gets to you the more she will try stuff like that if she indeed is doing on purpose. Sending hugs..
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 9:18 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• margarita time

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 8:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• I hear this helps:

Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:59 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

•   Since you can't change others attitudes, change your altitude! lol ;p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:22 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Why am I surrounded by insensitive people?

Because you are on Cafemom!! What did you expect? Sorry couldn't resist. 1. Guess your son won't be visiting his dad. Child endangerment if you KNOW he's allergic and you expose him to a real tree anyway. So he can choose his son or his slut. Make sure the courts know about your son's allergy. He shouldn't have to take any meds to visit dad. 2. A picture is a picture. Maybe she likes that shot of him. You cannot control what someone else chooses to post. HE needs to say something or just let it go. He is marrying you so she will just have to like it or lump it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:08 PM on Nov. 30, 2013

• Wow sorry to hear. Hugs to you. The first one is dangerous so I agree the courts should know about it. The second one you need to decide if you can put up with as she's not going away and that is a part of her personality could get worse sorry to say. Good luck momma
    Baby802

Answer by Baby802 at 10:16 PM on Dec. 3, 2013