Keurig - which one?

My mom wants a keurig but knows nothing about them. I have 2 available this weekend, for the same price, $99. One is the K40 classic, with purchase get a $20 gift card back to the store and a free box of kcups. The other is the signature brewer, comes with a free box of cups, the reusable kcup, and a coupon for bogo kcups. Which would you buy to gift? I'll also have to teach her how to use it.

idareyou

Asked by idareyou at 9:38 PM on Nov. 29, 2013 in Shopping

• The one you profit off of the most.

Answer by louise2 at 9:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• I saw on TV a while ago that a manufacturer is offering a one cup brewer that uses any kind of ground coffee which would be cheaper for her and offer greater variety, unless she is stuck on the brand and the cups.
    I will be going to Target and picking one up for the Son and DDIL. They can not afford the cups but do like a fresh cup of coffee.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 9:42 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• I'd get her the signature brewer, that would give her the most selection on what kinds of kcups to get.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 9:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Dard you can buy reusable kcups that you put your own coffee into. Op, we have the 99.00 one you were talking about, we lve it.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:46 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• The second looks like the better deal. I have a Brewer but I'm not even sure which model as I found it at a thrift store for $14 lol

The first is a cheaper model, the reuseable cup retails for near $10 and you get free kcups(expensive) and coupons. I think that is better then the cheaper machine $20 back and some free cups.

It won't be hard to teach her and the second(signiture) has more options(cup size etc) for when she becomes more savy at using it.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Most of the time I just use my own coffee in my reusable cups but I do buy kcups when I find them cheap. I prefer the single brewer as it comes out nice and hot(I can adjust that as well) and doesn't waste coffee. I did have a hamilton beach single brewer as well that also used kcups but the k cups didn't fit great in it.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:50 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Fun- they're both $99 this weekend. Tnt- the reusable was 17 when I bought one. I'm leaning toward the signature being the better deal but the 40 being more user friendly for her. Price of kcups isn't an issue for her either.
    idareyou

Comment by idareyou (original poster) at 9:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• I'm sure if you spent a little time over there you could set it up so that her preference was set and then you could work with her over time to learn all the in's and outs. I don't think it would be much more difficult for her then the other.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 10:00 PM on Nov. 29, 2013

• Signature seems to have better reviews.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 1, 2013